“Rising Up” is a youth exchange that will gather in Savigno (40km far from Bologna – Italy) a group of 31 youth leaders and role models from 6 european countries (Denmark, Italy, Latvia, Greece, Estonia, Spain) on September 2017.
The main aim is to equip the participants with competences in terms of leadership and entrepreneurial learning. Through the program the participants will develop understanding about the concept of leadership and gain practical skills on entrepreneurship, to be brought on the job market, such as public speaking, empowering CV, youth project management, networking, negotiation skills and more.
The main objectives are:
– to foster the understanding of the concept of leadership among young people
– to encourage an entrepreneurial spirit leadership among young people
– to improve participants’ skills in project-management related to youth projects
– to propose new tools and approaches to identify ways for further developing youth entrepreneurship in Europe
– to encourage exchange of good practices related to innovative youth projects
– to empower youth workers/ leaders to act as multipliers of the gained competences in their local communities.
The program of the youth exchange will be based on non formal education and will be conducted using a highly interactive and participative approach, such as presentations, discussions, work in groups, etc., but also using innovative ones, like as new forms of negation techniques or mindfulness meditations. Active group/team work, role-plays, outdoor activities and plenary discussions, as well as theoretical inputs will characterize the program in order to cover all aspects of the project themes. Rising Up will stimulate creativity, active participation, and sense of initiative among the participants. Their prior experiences in youth work, will be important and used in the development of the learning process.